A Fire and Medical evacuation drill was conducted at the AGP site office - Razeen project on 17 March 2021 at 03:04 pm. It was coordinated by HSE Eng. Biju Varghese together with Mr. Tharun and Mr. Alex.
The scenario was putting out the smouldering fire emission from the split AC at the site office room and managing the casualties during the evacuation.
Potential emergencies exist in all construction sites and facilities. The harmful effects can threaten the life of employees, visitors, or the public. It can also cause property and environmental damage, business interruption, loss of productivity and reduces employee morale.
These events cannot be avoided but we can reduce the frequency of occurrence and severity during emergencies by effectively preparing and planning. To minimize the impact, regular drills are conducted to ensure that every person in such situations will know exactly what to do and how to respond effectively.
Purpose of conducting emergency evacuation and training drills:
- To assist the person with their roles and responsibilities during emergencies by following the work plans and procedures.
- To test how the workforce responds during an emergency scenario.
- Familiarity with the locations of emergency exit routes, nearest assembly points, and emergency response equipment.
- To evaluate the effectiveness of the Emergency preparation system and continuously improve the safety in our facility
- To identify additional training methods and resources such as aids, equipment, facilities, and personnel.
Fire safety should always be the main concern, no matter what type of business we run or how many people are employed. Having effective procedures and measures in place can save lives.